The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dining In

Manwich Sloppy Joes

Mmm sloppy joe. Slop-sloppy joe. Ok. I have just recently been on a kick for these. I was grocery shopping and wandering around looking for something different for dinner. We get in these dinner ruts and you just keep eating the same 5-6 things. So I wanted to change it up when I saw this. 1 can, 1 lb of hamb meat, buns and "yummy" cheese. Soooo good. The sauce is hard to explain. Its kinda smokey w/ a tomato-y taste. And bonus, its a full serving of veggies. LOL I cant ever eat these w/o making a mess. Its impossible. I think the next time I'm gonna put a towel over me.
If you are stuck in the dinner rut, here's a "new" old favorite to mix it up.

2 comments:

  1. I made this 2 nights or so ago. I used to hate it back when my mother made it and forced me to eat it. But now I don't mind it. Its funny cause I made my messy sloppy joe samoo and sit down, then I see Matthew sit down with his bun open and topped with sloppy joe. He ate it with a fork. Weird but way less messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its just too much fun to get messy. Well...at first. Its all fun and games until I dropped a big ol' hunk of joe on my fav shirt. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete