The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Joes Crab Shack

Joe's Classic Steampot

Everytime I go to Joe's I have to get crab. I just like it way to much to get anything else. I am sure they have lots of yummy stuff but I wouldn't know. I started off getting the snow crab pot. Then one day I discovered the Crab Daddy Feast. I liked it, but meh, the King crab is a very angry crab. Even in its death it fights back. The difficulty level of the king crab is like the claw "arm" of a snow crab. For the whole thing! But it was the Crab Daddy Feast that introduced me to the dungeness. I like snow crab but they can be a lot of work. The dungeness is a whole lot easier to crack, w/o the use of all the tools.
Anyhow, when Joe's came out w/ the steampots, I started ordering those. I always get the Classic Steampot. It comes w/ apprx 1 claw snow crab, 1 claw dungeness, boiled shrimp, sausage, corn on the cob, and potatoes. I just recently found out you can replace the sausage for more shrimp. Yay! B/c I really don't like the sausage, eww.
Now this visit I was not happy. First off they seasoned it w/ Old Bay. Normally they ask you how you want it or if they don't ask it comes just plain steamed. In general I don't care for Old Bay, I should have sent it back right then, but I toughed it out. I don't know why. I am paying $20+ for 1 meal. I should be 100% happy. So I was already a little disappointed, then the crab was sad. Waterlogged. All the pieces were skimpy. And the top part, where there is always a ton of yummy meat was empty. It looked like the kitchen had pre picked them. I was very sad.
So now I ate an expensive meal and didn't even cure my crab craving. Boo.

1 comment: