The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Denny's

Bacon Flapjacks


I haven't been to Denny's in many years. I like Ihop and Waffle house better. But Fat Guy loves Denny's. Its right by the house and we pass it everyday to and from work. So last night we were having the typical haven't gone grocery shopping discussion of what's for dinner. He suggest Ihop. I want Waffle House. Then while driving home from work I bring up Denny's. And we agree on that.
We get there and first off they've remodeled since the last time we were there. It looks alot better. Our server seats us and gives us 2 menus each, a regular one and one for Baconalia. Oh yeah! My cousin, Not A Fat Girl, told me about it. I don't even bother looking at the regular menu, I knew I wanted bacon! They had several different entrees and I decided on the bacon flapjacks. 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, hashbrowns and 2 bacon pancakes. The eggs and hashbrowns were yum. The 2 strips of bacon were...disappointing. That bacon couldn't have been thinner and it had like no taste. It was crispy, but I couldn't taste anything. The pancakes were yum. The butter, bacony, maple syrup bites were so good. I def want it again. I couldn't finish which was upsetting bc I really wanted to try the bacon ice cream sundae.
I will go back to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment