The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taco Cabana

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas



I never get chicken enchiladas if they are sour cream. I prefer my enchiladas to be covered in queso. Mmmm queso. I was talking to my coworker about the beef enchiladas from Taco Cabana and she said I need to try the chicken ones. Last night on the drive home Fat Guy and I were trying to decide on dinner and the final answer was Taco Cabana. I got the 3 enchilada plate, it comes w/ rice, beans and 2 flour tortillas.

The sour cream sauce was good. Tangy and creamy. A good combo w/ the seasoned shredded chicken. Plenty of chicken in the enchiladas. I couldnt tell if the meat was white or dark, maybe a combo of both. The one complaint I have for all of Taco Cabana's enchilada's is the corn tortilla they use always, ALWAYS is too tough to cut w/ a fork. Sometimes its so bad that I can't ever get it to cut and end up just taking out the filling and throwing out the corn tortilla.
The rice is fluffy and has a good Spanish rice flavor. The refried beans are normally ok. I am not a fan of refried beans. But this time is was awful. Tasted like pure salt. Blech. And the 2 flour tortillas as always were delicious. So soft. I love homemade flour tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment