The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dining In

Beef Stroganoff


Found this recipe on a Betty Crocker email. I am always looking for good crock pot recipes. Since I work, I am always looking for easy recipes and especially ones for crock pots. So when I came across this one I couldn't wait to try it. I always loved Beef Stroganoff from Hamburger Helper, I knew homemade would be better.
Its so good. Its creamy. It has cream cheese! That makes everything better. Its like bacon. They must be related. Anyway, stroganoff...You cook the meat w/ cream of mushroom and onion for the day. The meat gets so tender. Its so good. Then while you wait for noodles to cook you add cream cheese and sour cream to make it super creamy. The noodles are a perfect pairing and everything comes together. Creamy beefy.
Now I gotta heat up the leftovers....

  • 2 lbs beef stew meat
  • 1 reg can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 reg can cream of onion (I used cream of chicken bc I couldn't find onion)
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • package of cream cheese
  • small thing of sour cream
  • egg noodles (or rice/potatoes/etc)
In a crock pot combine meat, onion, and soups. Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
After meat is cooked, cook egg noodles per instructions on package.
Cut up cream cheese and stir into the meat mixture until melted. Then add sour cream until combined.
Drain noodles and stir into crock pot.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at this picture again I wanna make it now. Too soon, I must wait.

    ReplyDelete