The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dining In

Tater Tot Casserole

I was introduced to this at my high school BFF's house. Her mom made it one weekend night I was spending the night. I remember my friend was annoyed because she hated it. But I tried it and LOVED it. I got the recipe from her mom and started making it for my family on my nights to cook. Almost everyone has loved it.
Who doesn't love a cheesy potato casserole? Yum.
Its easy, cheap and makes alot. So its a good recipe for families. Or for leftovers.
Everyone has a different version. Some people add onions, or corn. I've seen green beans too. Its like a Shepard's Pie but easier. Some versions add the tots on top only. I personally mix all the ingredients together and put them in the casserole dish.
Tater Tot Casserole
  • 1lb ground meat
  • Family size can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 bag frozen tater tots
  • 2 cups shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Brown meat. Drain. In a large bowl mix meat, soup (no water), tots and cheese.
Pour in casserole dish. Bake for 30-45 mins.

To me its a cheesy potato-y salty goodness. Its very filling. For me and fat guy it serves about 6. But normal portions probably get around 8-10 servings. Try it out and I'm sure you'll like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment