The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Monday, March 21, 2011

Chacho's

Crispy Beef Tacos Fiesta Style

On the way to work today me and Fat Guy decided we wanted Chachos,which is some good Mexican food, relatively cheap and quick, across from where I work. I have never been inside at this location, only the drive thru but its always busy. The employees always seem to be happy. Weird.


Anyway. The tacos. I paid 69 cents extra per taco to get them Fiesta style (guac/sour cream/cheese) and Fat Guy ordered his crispy tacos w/ meat and cheese only. So 6 total. And an order of guac. First issue was the order was wrong. They brought out 1 taco for Fat Guy, and my 3 Fiesta tacos. Uh... No we need the other 2. Waiting.... Few mins later we get the tacos and get to work. Start checking my boxes and open my taco box to find this:

Now a regular taco comes w/ lettuce, tomato and cheese. Boo. I don't really care for tomato's and hate lettuce on my taco unless its fresh cold iceberg. This is not. If I wanted a salad, then that's what I would have ordered. But after I picked off all the lettuce and tomato's, the tacos were pretty good. The meat was seasoned well. And not like the powdered mix you get for 49 cents at the grocery store.

I also had an order of guac and chips. Nom nom nom. So good. Its the creamiest guac ever. With random hunks of avocado. They dont season it in anyway, so it needs alittle salt, but other then that its so good. Most restaurant's put tomato in their guac and they don't, its just straight up mashed avocado perfection. I didn't think to take a pic before I devoured it.

Overall I think I would give the tacos another chance and hopefully they get the Fiesta kind right. The guac is a keeper for only $4.79 for a 1/2 pint and a bunch of chips.

I thought everyone should see the ridiclous amount of lettuce and tomato's came w/ the tacos that shouldnt of had ANY!

No comments:

Post a Comment