The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Monday, March 28, 2011

Starbucks

Red Velvet Whoopie Pie


I had no idea what the heck a whoopie pie was. My local Starbucks has red velvet cupcakes and so I asked the anonymous drive thru voice if they had those, at the Starbucks by my work, he said no but they have red velvet edgvre efrea.
Uh...what?
Red velvet whoopie pies.
Oh ok. Yeah I guess I'll try one of those.

Its kinda like the tops of the cupcake with a layer of frosting in the middle. Now since it was red velvet all I really wanted was cream cheese frosting. The cake was ok. Honestly I wasnt impressed. I dont know what I was expecting w/ the cake since red velvet doesnt really have a flavor. But the cream cheese frosting was delish.
Portion size was good. Nice 2-3 bite little snack. I did NOT like the red decorative stripes they put across the top of the cake, it was a mess. It stained my fingers and teeth afterwards. Thats why I ended up eating it w/ a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment