The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Lunch Box

Today I Had: Tuna Salad Sandwich

Since I had eggs last night I had a few left over and some tuna in the pantry. As I said in the last post, I'm poor and trying to finally get out of this whole so I am on a strict budget. Tuna salad is a filling meal and super cheap. I use chunk tuna packed in WATER!!! Kraft mayo, sliced colby jack cheese, dill relish, hard boiled eggs, and bread.
I mix to taste so I dont have the exact recipe.

Drain tuna.
Mix tuna, mayo, relish, salt and pepper to taste. I prefer mine extra creamy so I use alot of mayo.
Chop up boiled eggs, mix in w/ tuna mixture. Taste.
Usually I need a little more mayo and salt after I add the eggs.
Chill to let flavors combine.

Serve over a salad, crackers or on sliced bread.

Until I met Fat Guy I never ate my tuna sandwiches w/ cheese and he never had his w/ egg. Now we do both and its so good. This is something I have seen made in so many ways, so you can really personalize this to your taste.

1 comment:

  1. MMM. Now I want some. Drive on over here and bring me a samoo!!

    ReplyDelete