The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dining In

Fried Egg Sandwich

Toasted white bread, sliced colby jack and a perfectly cooked egg. Whites hard, runny yolk. Look. Just look at that picture and tell me you don't like it. I cant say too much about an egg. Since I have been on a super tight budget the past few weeks egg sandwiches have been more common then normal. I could eat on every day. So here is how I make my perfect fried egg sandwich.

Spray skillet w/ pam or melt butter to keep eggs from sticking - VERY IMPORTANT
Heat pan on medium/ med high heat.
Crack eggs carefully then wash hands!!
Place bread in toaster and butter once done.
OK now while they eggs are cooking you will notice the white kinda has 2 parts, the thinner runnier part then a firmed part around the yolk. Once the more firm white is about 1/2 set carefully flip the egg, making sure not to break the yolk.
Cook on the other side for a few mins, usually once the white is fully set it kinda lifts up off the skillet. I usually just touch it, bc I hate my whites to be runny at all.
Place a slice of cheese, if you like, on the bread and top w/ the fried egg.

That takes about 5 mins and its good anytime of day.
Incredible. Edible. Egg. :-)

1 comment:

  1. MMMM!! Now I want one of those too! Quit torturing me.

    ReplyDelete